Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November 21st.

November 17th weekend was the weekend for the ARRL SSB Sweepstakes. I spent a few hours in the contest and made 140 contacts, missing only 4 zones to have a complete "clean sweep".

It was fun, but the long exchanges required for this competition make you to have to wait for a contact a long time. Unless you work with maximum power and a high gain beam to aim into the direction of the station.

I do not have any of that, I simply work with my 43 ft vertical antenna in the backyard and with the 100W coming out from the HF Rig. With this the contest got sometimes frustrating to try to cut through to a contact which you were still missing.

Since this is my second contest all together, i think for a single operator I did fairly well.

The logs have been submitted, and contest is over. This weekend will be the WW CQ DX contest, but I can't CW, so i will most likely be flying instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment