Friday, November 16, 2012

Introduction

It is 2012 November. I never blogged before. I thought I will give this a try maybe share some of my experiences with all of you out there. Maybe somebody will read this, maybe somebody will find it useful.

The past few days have been quite exciting, as I started using my HAM rig for more and more things.

It started 2 weeks ago with the installation and configuration of the N1MM logger. Even though that looks like a simple easy to handle program with a small window, in the background there is quite a bit of engineering.

After a few hours of reading, searching for answers I managed to get it working properly with my Kenwood Ts-590s rig.

I even managed to record voice prompts on the radios voice memory banks and use those for outgoing messages. It felt as quite an accomplishment.

Yesterday I got the wspr - spell "whisper" working as well. I let it run all night and by the morning I was heard even in Tasmania with my total 5W output. Let me see how complicated it is to attach a picture here:

Hmmm. I got a whole bunch of HTML code above, I hope this will transtlate into a picture when it was posted. The second picutre shows the contacts in Europe:


Propagation map for North America:

and lastly Tasmania:
During the day I changed bands a few times and got a full map. I think I will stop here for today, I just want to see how this goes and how the pictures will look like in the post. More to follow later.

No comments:

Post a Comment